Recording Greetings and Menu Prompts
- For Voicemail and Recorded name: Basic User permissions or higher is required.
- For Call Queues: Call Center Supervisor permissions or higher is required.
- All other greetings can only be recorded by Office Manager permissions or higher.
Recording Intro Greetings and Menu Prompts
2/19/2019 - When recording Intro Greetings and Menu Prompts for an Auto Attendant leave the Time Frame as "Default". This is required due to the feature currently behaving in such a way that will affect your ability to use timeframes in the inventory and other places. The feature if used outside of the default timeframe will create duplicate unlabeled versions of the Automated Attendant per each recording.
Many portal features (such as Auto Attendants and Music on Hold) can have an optional introductory greeting that plays when a call flows to that feature. An example of an introductory greeting might be:
"Thank you for calling Acme Corporation. You've reached us outside normal business hours."
"You've Reached XYZ Technical Support, we are currently aware of a major service outage in south Quahog"
The same or similar processes and icons are used for voicemail greetings and recorded names within user profiles. To record an intro greeting:
- From the associated feature page, click the icon next to Intro Greetings. A Manage Greetings pop-up window similar to the following appears.
- From this pop-up window:
– To play a greeting, click the icon.
– To upload a new greeting, hover over it, and then click the icon on the right side of the row. For New Greeting, click Upload. Click the Browse button, navigate to the MP3 or WAV file you want to use for your greeting, click the file, and click Open. Click Upload.
– To record a new greeting, hover over it, and then click icon on the right side of the row. For New Greeting, click Record. In the Call me at field, enter the number to call (either an extension or a telephone number such as your cell phone) and click Call. Your phone will be called. At the prompt, record the new greeting, and then press # when you finish your recording.
– To delete a recording, hover over it, and then click the icon at the far right of the row. At the confirmation prompt, click Yes to delete the recording or No to retain it.
– When you finish, click Add Greeting followed by Done.
To record a menu prompt:
- From Auto Attendants page, under Menu Prompt, click either the field Click to add a new menu prompt or click the icon next to the field. Either step displays a Manage Audio pop-up window similar to the following.
- Complete the fields
Enter a name for this greeting. The name should allow you to differentiate this greeting from other greetings you recorded
Select whether to upload or record a greeting. Greetings must be in MP3 or WAV format. Choices are: